Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Surrender

Reading through "Mountain Breezes" (poems by Amy Carmichael), I came across two that really blessed me today. They're filed under "Poems of Surrender", so keep the thought of surrender in your mind while you read.

Divine Paradox
But all through life I see a cross
Where sons of God yield up their breath:
There is no gain except by loss,
There is no life except by death;
And no full vision but by faith
Nor glory but by bearing shame,
Nor justice but by taking blame.
And that Eternal Passion saith:
"Be emptied of glory and right and name."


Rose of My Heart
Rose of my heart, what seek I now but Thee?
And dost Thou say, "Thorns grow upon My Tree"? 

Thorns tore Thee, Fairest; what if I be torn?
Where Thou dost blossom, who would stay for thorn?

I hold Thee fast; I will not let Thee go;
For me doth this dear Rose of roses blow.

And so I say, Rose of my heart, to Thee:
Close by my Rose would I, Thy lover, be. 

No comments: