Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Verses

"The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid? 

One thing have I asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to inquire in His temple. 

Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
be gracious to me and answer me!
You have said, 'Seek My face.' My heart says to You,
'Your face, Lord, do I seek.'"

~Psalm 27:1, 4, 7-8


This passage really helped bring me closer to God, for several reasons - God loves me, He's my light and my salvation, and I don't have to be afraid anymore. And don't get discouraged (like I did) if you are struggling with priorities - I'm just starting on the journey. But I do know that one day, I'll be with God and overwhelmed with love for Him. I'm on Earth for a reason now - to make others glad in Him. 

And the best way to do that is to be fully glad in Him myself. :)

No comments: