Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Independence

Happy 4th of July (or, July Four as my English students say)!


(May I start my post with this: I think independence would look far better spelled 'independance'.)
I just now realized, after having read my favorite blogs for weeks on end, that I haven't done much with this one. Oops. Considering I rely on their frequent posting and never write anything myself, I feel like I'm being a classic teenage consumer - who just keeps right on consuming. 


Of course, since sharing my writing may not be the best way to benefit people (I can edit other people's work. Period.) I thought I'd share a couple of (okay, 4) verses that have been really special to me lately. Sidenote: I started writing down verses that stuck out to me after reading my Bible in the morning - I've found a ton of really special ones. It's definitely a great journaling habit to get into! (That's how I found these.)




      But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob,
      And He who formed you, O Israel:
      “Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
      I have called 
you by your name;
      You 
are Mine.
      When you pass through the waters, I 
will be with you;
      And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
      When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
      Nor shall the flame scorch you.
      For I 
am the LORD your God,
      The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
      I gave Egypt for your ransom,
      Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
      Since you were precious in My sight,
      You have been honored,
      And I have loved you;
      Therefore I will give men for you,
      And people for your life."
~Isaiah 43:1-4

What a beautiful love letter there! It gives us such a great reason to worship God - He loves us enough to sacrifice many other people just so we can get to know Him. Sidenote #2: The book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan gives a ton of insight on the extent of God's love, as well. 

If nothing else, just think about those verses for a bit. How very much the God -who bothered to give cells so many different parts - also loves us. 


      


No comments: